Here at Les Deux Tours we are proud of our efforts to protect the environment in order to improve conditions on planet Earth.
We have made the following changes to the way we do things at the hotel:
- We have moved from oil fired boilers to much more energy efficient Bio-Mass burners. This has greatly reduced our carbon footprint in terms of central heating, hot water production and pool heating.
- We have installed a highly efficient drip- irrigation system in 60% of our extensive gardens saving huge amounts of precious water.
- We have evolved out restaurant menus with new vegetarian and vegan dishes in order to encourage alternatives to meat dishes which have a negative consequence on the environment.
- We also guarantee all fruit and vegetables from our own organic vegetable garden are pesticide and chemical fertiliser free. Where possible we also source other fruit and veg from organic growers.
- We use natural and low-chemical cleaning products where possible in the hotel.
- We have installed LED lighting on the paths throughout our garden in order to reduce electricity consumption.
- We are in the process of replacing all light bulbs with low energy consumption LED bulbs at the hotel.
- For ecological reasons, the Hotel Les Deux tours has decided to stop the use of plastic straws. As an alternative, paper straws are available on request.